Saturday, May 28, 2011

Montana: One Long Day - Glendale

Along the route back to Glendale I came across this old cabin and just had to check it out. A quick little walk up the hill I was there. Too my surprise I came across a mine shaft that is still open just to east of the cabin with a single plank over it where it looked like an adventurous soul would venture. I'm adventurous but not the adventurous. As I was looking down into the mine a bird flew out from under some rubble scaring the crap out of me. I wasn't expecting that. Having my fill of that I was back on the road.







Creepy open mine shaft






Second cabin and foundation I came across on the way out.




Once arriving at Glendale I was a little disappointed to find that the reaming structures were surrounded by a bared wire fence. Drat! The only structure that is still accessible is an old 2 story house/store that has had the second floor ripped out and was being used for storage.

Glendale















No comments:

Post a Comment