Friday, September 17, 2010

Dinosaur National Monument and then some - Labor Day Weeked 2010 Day 3

Day 3

Again, day 3 started with a 630am wake up call (I just woke up)and a chilly morning. After a quick breakfast of oatmeal, a banana and some more hot chocolate I was off for the final leg of the trip back on Brown's Park road to the highway that would eventually take up to Rocksprings, Wyoming and the interstate.

Looking back out too were I had been the previous evening



Somewhere along the way out





This cabin was on private property but clearly visible from the road



I made one side trip on the way out top try and find 'Three Corners' you know where Utah, Wyoming and Colorado meet.



Unfortunately, when you come across down signs it's kind of difficult to know where to go. So I turned around and headed back. I believe had I taken the trail on the right it would've taken me to my goal.





Back into Utah



The remainder of the trip was pretty uneventful, I could've taken an alternate route to Rocksprings, Wy along the gravel but I was getting tried of gravel and I just wanted to get back to rest and clean up before heading back to work the next day.

Overall, this trip was well worth it despite my nervousness at the beginning. It was sorely needed. There so much more to do in the area that will require another trip some time in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment